- REVIEW: Batman/The Shadow #1: Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Heart of Men?
- ADVANCE REVIEW: Doctor Who - The Twelfth Doctor Year Three #2 - An Ordinary Diversion
- REVIEW: Doctor Who - Series 10, Episode 2: "Smile"
- Marvel and Freeform Release Trailer for "Cloak & Dagger"
- REVIEW: Curse Words #4 - False Beards and French Cops
Ever since Pacific Rim first appeared on the silver screen in 2013, fans have been eagerly awaiting a sequel to the mech and monster brawling blockbuster ever since. The road along the way has been bumpy for the project, but Legendary and Universal Pictures have finally announced when the franchise’s sequel will be hitting theaters.
The Legendary Pictures sci-fi action film will storm into theaters on February 23, 2018 with Steven S. DeKnight in the director’s chair this time around for his directorial debut.
At the moment, Star Wars: The Force Awakens star John Boyega is set to play the son of Stacker Pentecost, Idris Elba’s character from the first film. According to Deadline, Scott Eastwood is currently being eyed as a potential lead role for the movie. It is unknown if Charlie Hunnam, Rinko Kikuchi, or if any of the other cast members from the first movie will be reprising their roles for the sequel.
Few other details are known about the sequel. It could either take place some time after the original movie took place or act as a prequel to the first.
Pacific Rim 2 is scheduled to begin production later this year. Guillermo del Toro will return to the franchise as a producer alongside Thomas Tull, Mary Parent, and John Jashuni. Cale Boyter will oversee the project as an executive producer.