- REVIEW: Marvel's Iron Fist - Season 1, Episodes 12 & 13
- "Spider-Man: Homecoming" Trailer Released, Gives Us More of Tony and the Vulture
- REVIEW: Marvel's Iron Fist - Season 1, Episodes 10 & 11
- REVIEW: Marvel's Iron Fist - Season 1, Episode 9: "The Mistress of All Agonies"
- REVIEW: Marvel's Iron Fist - Season 1, Episode 8: "The Blessing of Many Fractures"
Last year, Jeff Lemire and Dustin Nguyen’s Image Comics series Descender, was picked up by Sony Pictures for adaptation into a feature film due to a big bidding war between studios before the first issue was even released. Now, Sony has just tapped Jesse Wigutow to write the script for their big-screen adaptation.
Descender is a space opera about a galaxy where a futuristic society was ravaged during an attack brought on by mysterious robots. The robotic entities then disappeared as quickly as they appeared and left what was left of the society with a strong anti-android outlook. Now, bounty hunters are tasked with hunting down any android or creature with an A.I. When a boy-like robot called TIM-21 wakes up from slumber to find that his mining colony home has been abandoned, he joins up with a motley crew and goes on the run from those who believe he may be linked to the attack.
This won’t be the first time that Wigutow has worked on adapting a comic as he is currently putting the finishing touches on his adaptation of Brian Michael Bendis’ Fire. His credits also include a rewrite of Bad Santa 2, Tron 3, The Crow remake, and a remake of The Osterman Weekend.
Lemire and Nguyen will serve as executive producers on the film while Josh Bratman will produce it under his Immersive Pictures banner.
Source- The Hollywood Reporter