- Dynamite Reveals "James Bond: Moneypenny" Creative Team
- REVIEW: Seven to Eternity #6: Draining the Swamp
- ADVANCE REVIEW: Victor LaValle's Destroyer #1 - A Truly Modern Prometheus
- REVIEW: Doctor Who, Series 10, Episode 6: Extremis
- BLACK PANTHER & THE CREW: How Its Cancellation Exemplifies Big Comics' Big Problem
Vertigo has announced that a new ongoing series from writer Shawn Alridge (Vic Boone) and artist Scott Gowlewski (Copperhead) will launch on February 10th. ‘The Dark & Bloody,’ is a horror series following Iris Gentry, a retired vet returning from Iraq, struggling to make ends meet in his life after the war. Set in the backwoods of Kentucky, the series will mix folklore and modern day struggles to tell a story filled with guns, moonshine and monsters. Harrow Country artist Tyler Crook will provide covers for the series.
From the official press release, Shawn Alridge said the following about his inspiration for writing the series: “The inspiration came from my own childhood in Kentucky, local folklore like the Bell Witch, and Southern Gothic fiction. I tried to distill what I loved and feared growing up in and around the woods into this story. Granted I never made moonshine or had to protect my family from a demon hellbent on my death, that I created for the story.”
“‘The Dark & Bloody’ is right in my wheelhouse, artistically. It’s exciting to be working in the horror genre again and I think readers will really dig what we’re doing,” added artist Scott Godlewski.