- Dynamite Reveals "James Bond: Moneypenny" Creative Team
- REVIEW: Seven to Eternity #6: Draining the Swamp
- ADVANCE REVIEW: Victor LaValle's Destroyer #1 - A Truly Modern Prometheus
- REVIEW: Doctor Who, Series 10, Episode 6: Extremis
- BLACK PANTHER & THE CREW: How Its Cancellation Exemplifies Big Comics' Big Problem
In Diamond Comic Distributors’ monthly overview of the best selling titles of the previous month, Marvel has maintained its market dominance from 2015, scoring 8 of the 10 highest selling issues in January. Despite its show of strength, the House of Ideas was unable to land the coveted top spot. That honour fell to Image’s 150th issue for their juggernaut series The Walking Dead, which ignited an interest in the book not seen in a while. DC’s one entry came from its flagship title Batman‘s 48th issue in 8th place. Marvel’s dominance stretched far beyond single issues, as they had 9 of the 10 best selling trades/graphic novels, with ONI Press’ Invader Zim‘s 7th place finish the only non Marvel title in the top 10.
Marvel scored a whopping 48.17% of unit share, with DC struggling to keep up at 24.02%. Image rounded out the top 3 with a respectable 10.99% of the month’s unit share. The market as a whole saw a 21.25% decline compared to the massive figures in December, while it decreased 4.09% when compared to January 2015.