- REVIEW: Batman/The Shadow #1: Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Heart of Men?
- ADVANCE REVIEW: Doctor Who - The Twelfth Doctor Year Three #2 - An Ordinary Diversion
- REVIEW: Doctor Who - Series 10, Episode 2: "Smile"
- Marvel and Freeform Release Trailer for "Cloak & Dagger"
- REVIEW: Curse Words #4 - False Beards and French Cops
Today, Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios released the second trailer for Spider-Man: Homecoming, the latest attempt to relaunch the Spider-Man franchise following Tom Holland‘s scene-stealing debut as the Wall-Crawler in last year’s “Captain America – Civil War.”
This trailer gives us a greater sense of the structure of the film, and emphasizing Sony and Marvel’s arrangement to have this new series of films integrated with the Marvel Cinematic Universe by leaning heavily on the bond between Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) and Holland’s Peter Parker. If the trailer is any indication, Tony is acting as both mentor and oversight for Spidey, and in that role may exert a lot of influence over Peter’s role as Spidey.
The trailer also focuses on the Vulture as played by Oscar-Nominee and former Batman Michael Keaton. In case anyone was worried that the Vulture, who in the comics is most often depicted as a slightly spindly septuagenarian with green wings, would come off as goofy, the imposing and even scary performance Keaton seems to be giving may put that notion to rest.
Spider-Man: Homecoming spins its way into theatres this July.