- REVIEW: Marvel's Iron Fist - Season 1, Episode 9: "The Mistress of All Agonies"
- REVIEW: Marvel's Iron Fist - Season 1, Episode 8: "The Blessing of Many Fractures"
- REVIEW: Marvel's Iron Fist - Season 1, Episode 7: "Felling Tree With Roots"
- Webcomic Wednesdays: Star Trip
- REVIEW: Marvel's Iron Fist - Season 1, Episode 6: "Immortal Emerges From Cave"
Deadline is reporting that independent comics creators and comic book power couple Matt Fraction (Sex Criminals, Casanova) and Kelly Sue DeConnick (Pretty Deadly, Bitch Planet) have signed a two-year development deal with Universal TV.
The report went on to state that Sex Criminals will be the first project launched under the partnership between the duo’s Milkfed Criminal Masterminds entertainment company. The project is still in the early stages of development, with no network, production staff, or cast having been announced, but the forward movement of Sex Criminals is a near-certainty, as the book has become a cult hit, winning Eisner awards and having been named TIME Magazine’s Comic Book of the Year in 2013.
The mature nature of the series will certainly limit the number of outlets available to it, but in a television market which offers up shows like Black Sails on Starz and the sex-laden Game of Thrones on HBO, it is certain to find a home somewhere.
While Sex Criminals is the only property that MCM has announced at present, the pair have declared their intent to use the brand to launch other creator-owned IP, positioning them to become the television equivalent of the Image Comics model. Likely candidates from their own library include DeConnick’s Pretty Deadly and Bitch Planet, and almost certainly Fraction’s Casanova.