- Dynamite Reveals "James Bond: Moneypenny" Creative Team
- REVIEW: Seven to Eternity #6: Draining the Swamp
- ADVANCE REVIEW: Victor LaValle's Destroyer #1 - A Truly Modern Prometheus
- REVIEW: Doctor Who, Series 10, Episode 6: Extremis
- BLACK PANTHER & THE CREW: How Its Cancellation Exemplifies Big Comics' Big Problem
In the world of comic book adaptations, it is safe to say that few fans ever expected that Archie Andrews and his home town of Riverdale would be among them. When it was announced in July that The CW network, home to three comic book shows already, was moving forward with a Riverdale TV series, fans of Archie and the gang were thrilled.
While it is still unclear as to when the series will begin shooting the pilot, producer Greg Berlanti (Arrow, Flash, Supergirl) is apparently moving forward with rounding out his core cast.
On Tuesday, The CW announced that they had completed casting for series regulars Betty Cooper and Jughead Jones. Lili Reinhart (Surviving Jack) has been selected as one third of the Archie/Betty/Veronica love triangle, and is described in breakdowns as “liking Adderall and tiring of being the perfect student.” Former Disney star Cole Sprouse (The Suite Life of Zack & Cody) will play Jughead, who is described as a hearthrob who has a strained relationship with his longtime best friend Archie as the series begins.
No announcement has been made on when Riverdale is expected to go to air or even when it will begin filming, but the addition of these key players is sure to be a big piece of the puzzle.