- REVIEW: Doctor Who - Series 10, Episode 7: "The Pyramid At the End of the World"
- Image Announces the Return of Mage by Matt Wagner!
- Dynamite Reveals "James Bond: Moneypenny" Creative Team
- REVIEW: Seven to Eternity #6: Draining the Swamp
- ADVANCE REVIEW: Victor LaValle's Destroyer #1 - A Truly Modern Prometheus
We’ll be doing a full review later, but here are some quick thoughts on Suicide Squad.
The first act is a bit of a mess, structurally. It powers through, but takes a while to get going.
Beyond that, it was really solid. It suffered a tad from needing to cram the backstories of so many characters in, but they picked their battles pretty wisely.
Margo Robbie was pitch-perfect.
Will Smith was an unexpected highlight. He was just the right amount of understated, and worked in some really poignant moments in a way which really surprised me.
Jai Courtney was surprisingly funny.
Viola Davis as Amanda Waller is terrifying.
The most normal character was, weirdly, the most cartoonish.
The cameos were perfect and not over or under-done.
It’s just referential enough to remind you that there is a bigger picture, but doesn’t rely on it.
Stay through the credits.