- Dynamite Reveals "James Bond: Moneypenny" Creative Team
- REVIEW: Seven to Eternity #6: Draining the Swamp
- ADVANCE REVIEW: Victor LaValle's Destroyer #1 - A Truly Modern Prometheus
- REVIEW: Doctor Who, Series 10, Episode 6: Extremis
- BLACK PANTHER & THE CREW: How Its Cancellation Exemplifies Big Comics' Big Problem
Marvel Entertainment has revealed that actor Matthew Willig will play the Inhuman character Lash in Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. third season.
An NFL football player-turned-actor, Willig will play the role of major villain the Inhuman Lash, whose was first announced for the show at Comic Con. Marvel describes his character on the show as a “monstrous human whose loyalties remain ambiguous.” Since his time in the NFL, Willig’s many credits as an actor include Cold Case, Chuck, NCIS, The Legend of Korra, Dexter, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Year One, and We’re The Millers.
Lash was created in 2014’s Inhuman #1 by writer Charles Soule and artist Joe Madureira. In the comic books, Lash is one of the new Inhumans that sprang up when the world was flooded with the Terrigen Mist. Lash, hulking beast of an Inhuman, hails from Orollan, a hidden city of Inhumans who believe the bloodline – and those who get exposed to the Terrigen Mists – must be kept pure and kills anyone he considers not worthy of the Inhuman gift. Strong and agile, Lash also has the ability to absorb and expel energy.
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season Three will premier September 29 at 9:00 on ABC.