- "Spider-Man: Homecoming" Trailer Released, Gives Us More of Tony and the Vulture
- REVIEW: Marvel's Iron Fist - Season 1, Episodes 10 & 11
- REVIEW: Marvel's Iron Fist - Season 1, Episode 9: "The Mistress of All Agonies"
- REVIEW: Marvel's Iron Fist - Season 1, Episode 8: "The Blessing of Many Fractures"
- REVIEW: Marvel's Iron Fist - Season 1, Episode 7: "Felling Tree With Roots"
Production has begun on the latest Marvel Studios television series produced for Netflix, “The Defenders”, and here’s the first photo of the filming, via an article on ComingSoon.net.
“The Defenders” is the culmination of Netflix’s first round of Marvel TV series, bringing together the heroes from “Daredevil,” “Jessica Jones,” “Luke Cage,” and the upcoming “Iron Fist” as a single super-team. The photo below finds Krysten Ritter‘s Jessica Jones facing off against Simone Missick as NYPD Detective Misty Knight, whom we met in the most recent Netflix hit “Luke Cage.”
“The Defenders” also stars Charlie Cox as Daredevil, Mike Colter as Luke Cage and Finn Jones as Iron Fist. Rounding out the cast alongside Missick will be Deborah Ann Woll reprising her role as “Daredevil”‘s Karen Page, and Oscar and Emmy nominee Sigourney Weaver in a still unspecified villainous role. As Netflix’s attempt to replicate the success of “The Avengers” on the small screen, anticipation for “The Defenders” is high. Marco Ramirez and Doug Petrie, currently the showrunners of “Daredevil,” will be taking on that role for the new series as well, which will span eight episodes and debut next year on Netflix.
2017 is looking to be the busiest year yet in the Marvel/Netflix partnership, with “Iron Fist” and “The Punisher” set to drop alongside “The Defenders.”