- "Spider-Man: Homecoming" Trailer Released, Gives Us More of Tony and the Vulture
- REVIEW: Marvel's Iron Fist - Season 1, Episodes 10 & 11
- REVIEW: Marvel's Iron Fist - Season 1, Episode 9: "The Mistress of All Agonies"
- REVIEW: Marvel's Iron Fist - Season 1, Episode 8: "The Blessing of Many Fractures"
- REVIEW: Marvel's Iron Fist - Season 1, Episode 7: "Felling Tree With Roots"
After last week’s video-bomb by Justice League star Ben Affleck where he revealed footage of the infamous villain Deathstroke, speculation abounded as to whether the character would be appearing soon and who would play him.
Today, in an interview first reported by The Wall Street Journal, DC Entertainment President and creative mastermind Geoff Johns announced that actor Joe Manganiello had officially been cast in the role of Slade “Deathstroke” Wilson.
The 39-year old actor, who is best known for his roles on True Blood and Magic Mike, also appeared as Flash Thompson in Sam Raimi’s first Spider-Man film.
Little is known as yet as to when audiences can expect to first see Deathstroke on-screen. He is slated as the main villain for Affleck’s as-yet-untitled solo Batman outing, but Johns declined to comment as to whether or not the character would appear prior to that.
Given recent social media posts by Manganiello which showed him sporting Wilson’s trademark goatee and crew-cut, it’s reasonable to assume that Deathstroke will make at least a brief appearance in the forthcoming Justice League film.
Justice League has already begun shooting, and though no release date has been set for the Batman solo movie, Affleck has reportedly already turned in a script co-written by himself and writer Chris Terrio, with whom he worked on the Oscar-winning film Argo.
Are you excited for Joe Manganiello’s take on Deathstroke? Let us know in the comments!