- Dynamite Reveals "James Bond: Moneypenny" Creative Team
- REVIEW: Seven to Eternity #6: Draining the Swamp
- ADVANCE REVIEW: Victor LaValle's Destroyer #1 - A Truly Modern Prometheus
- REVIEW: Doctor Who, Series 10, Episode 6: Extremis
- BLACK PANTHER & THE CREW: How Its Cancellation Exemplifies Big Comics' Big Problem
AMC’s Preacher has added another comic book alum to its cast by bringing in Jackie Earle Haley as a reoccurring villain.
Haley will portray the iconic character of Odin Quincannon and has been tapped for a six-episode arc on the upcoming series. Preacher will mark the third comic book adaptation for Haley who has also appeared in Watchmen and Human Target.
Haley’s Odin is described as a small, decrepit man with the unscrupulous iron will necessary to be the most powerful man in Annville County, Texas. The chief employer in town, Odin runs Quincannon Meat & Power, a 125-year-old family run cattle slaughterhouse business.
Preacher, created by Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon, is based on the comic published by DC’s Vertigo imprint that follows the story of Jesse Custer (Dominic Cooper), a conflicted preacher in a small Texas town who is inhabited by a mysterious entity that allows him to develop a highly unconventional power. Jesse, his ex-girlfriend, Tulip (Ruth Negga), and an Irish vampire named Cassidy (Joseph Gilgun) embark on a journey to, literally, find God.
AMC ordered a first season composed of ten one-hour episodes and is set to premiere at some point in 2016.
Source- The Hollywood Reporter