- REVIEW: Marvel's Iron Fist - Season 1, Episode 7: "Felling Tree With Roots"
- Webcomic Wednesdays: Star Trip
- REVIEW: Marvel's Iron Fist - Season 1, Episode 6: "Immortal Emerges From Cave"
- REVIEW: Marvel's Iron Fist - Season 1, Episode 5: "Under Leaf Pluck Lotus"
- REVIEW: Marvel's Iron Fist - Season 1, Episode 4: "Eight Diagram Dragon Palm"
Columbia Pictures, Sony, and Marvel Entertainment released their first international TV spot for the hotly anticipated Spider-Man: Homecoming. The film relaunches the Spider-Man film franchise for the second time, this time with Tom Holland playing the web-slinger. The movie already has a huge buzz attached to it, following Holland’s warmly received debut as Peter Parker and his heroic alter-ego in Marvel’s Captain America – Civil War.
While this particular spot is made up mostly of footage we’ve seen in both the domestic and international trailers that have already been released, it’s notable in that it reflects how important the foreign markets have become for US blockbusters in recent years, and this year saw international box office receipts account for more than 50% of revenue for Hollywood, a first.
With his hugely popular and instantly recognizable brand identity, Spider-Man is poised to make a huge splash overseas, notably in the increasingly important Asian markets. Ads like this are another sign of the growing influence of foreign box office.
Check out the TV spot below. Spider-Man: Homecoming will be released in the US July 7, 2017.