- REVIEW: Batman/The Shadow #1: Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Heart of Men?
- ADVANCE REVIEW: Doctor Who - The Twelfth Doctor Year Three #2 - An Ordinary Diversion
- REVIEW: Doctor Who - Series 10, Episode 2: "Smile"
- Marvel and Freeform Release Trailer for "Cloak & Dagger"
- REVIEW: Curse Words #4 - False Beards and French Cops
In a world where censorship is a constant threat to the comic book industry, there are few more valiant crusaders in the fight for freedom than the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, and now Garth Ennis is lending his strength to theirs.
Dynamite Entertainment announced today that they are partnering with Humble Bundle to offer a pay-as-you-can package containing over 130 of Garth Ennis’ work with the publisher, including his seminal series The Boys.
Speaking about the announcement, Ennis told press that “I’ve done some of my favorite work for Dynamite, and I’m delighted to see Battlefields, The Boys, Red Team, and the rest presented for a new audience,”
The bundle is available immediately on HumbleBundle.com, and different contributions open up different tiers of titles. What’s remarkable is the low entry cost to unlock the entire collection, the threshold for which is a mere $15.
Is fifteen bucks enough for you to grab digital copies of the entire Ennis run on The Boys? Let us know in the comments!
[FROM THE OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE]
May 11, 2016, Mt. Laurel, NJ: As the world awaits the premiere of the adaptation of Garth Ennis’ seminal Vertigo series, Preacher, on AMC, Dynamite Entertainment again teams with Humble Bundle to offer an essential collection of the acclaimed writer’s work at the publisher. The promotion, featuring over 130 issues’ worth of trademark Ennis grit, launches today and will run through Wednesday, May 25th. The Essential Garth Ennis Humble Bundle can be found at: https://www.humblebundle.com/books/garth-ennis-dynamite-bundle.
Garth Ennis’ Dynamite series, The Boys, has been a fan favorite since it first appeared ten years ago. Also recently announced as being set for television adaptation, The Boys was the first of many series by one of comics’ biggest name writers at the publisher, along with current series like A Train Called Love and Red Team. Now, Dynamite Entertainment offers fans an exclusive opportunity to pick up a massive collection of comics and graphic novels by this fan-favorite creator.
“I’ve done some of my favorite work for Dynamite, and I’m delighted to see Battlefields, The Boys, Red Team, and the rest presented for a new audience,” says Garth Ennis.
“Garth is an incredible creator whose voice is one of the most distinct in the industry. We’ve had the pleasure of working with him for many years, bringing his fresh, new ideas to the industry,” says Dynamite CEO/Publisher, Nick Barrucci. “Working hand-in-hand with Humble Bundle, we’re proud to bring his Dynamite series to a new audience, growing the comics market and bringing more awareness to Garth and Dynamite. This is an incredible bundle, as it’s the essential Garth Ennis library of Dynamite graphic novels, and awareness could not be higher with the Preacher TV series hitting shortly.”
“On the eve of the TV launch of Preacher, we here at Humble HQ are so pleased to be offering this highly acclaimed selection of Garth Ennis’ work, along with our good publishing partner, Dynamite,” says Kelley Allen, Director of Books at Humble Bundle. “We had a lot of fun putting this bundle together and hope you will enjoy it too!”
Part of the proceeds from the Essential Garth Ennis Humble Bundle promotion will contribute to the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, a non-profit organization dedicated to the protection of the First Amendment rights of the comics art form and its community of retailers, creators, publishers, librarians, and readers.
“Simply put, Garth Ennis changed comics. His work introduced a new, adult sensibility to the medium that’s grounded in realistic grit, bleak humor, and honest moral struggle. It’s the kind of work that censors tend to target, and that retailers put themselves at risk selling. Knowing that, Garth has always supported the CBLDF in very meaningful ways. We’re very grateful for his continued support, and the generosity he and the team at Dynamite are showing in dedicating the charitable proceeds from this Humble Bundle to the CBLDF’s important work,” says Charles Brownstein, Executive Director of CBLDF.
The “Pay What You Want” model offers readers the chance to unlock over 130 comics (collected in 22 dense volumes) — a total of over 3,400 pages of content!
The core will give comics fans access to:
• The Boys Vol. 1: The Name of the Game
• The Boys Vol. 2: Get Some
• The Boys Vol. 3: Good for the Soul
• The Boys Vol. 4: We Gotta Go Now
• Battlefields Vol. 1: The Night Witches
• Battlefields Vol. 2: Dear Billy
For those who pay more than the average price at time of purchase will also unlock all of the above PLUS:
• The Boys Vol. 5: Herogasm
• The Boys Vol. 6: The Self-Preservation Society
• The Boys Vol. 7: The Innocents
• The Boys Vol. 8: Highland Laddie
• Battlefields Vol. 3: The Tankies
• Battlefields Vol. 4: Happy Valley
• Battlefields Vol. 5: The Firefly and His Majesty
• Jennifer Blood Vol. 1: A Woman’s Work is Never Done
• The Shadow Vol. 1: The Fire of Creation
$15 or more will get you all of the above PLUS:
• The Boys Vol. 9: The Big Ride
• The Boys Vol. 10: Butcher, Baker, Candlestickmaker
• The Boys Vol. 11: Over the Hill With the Swords of A Thousand Men
• The Boys Vol. 12: The Bloody Doors Off
• Battlefields Vol. 6: Motherland
• Battlefields Vol. 7: The Green Fields Beyond
• Battlefields Vol. 8: The Fall and Rise of Anna Kharkova
Visit today to start your collection of Dynamite’s Garth Ennis library! www.humblebundle.com/books/garth-ennis-dynamite-bundle