- REVIEW: Marvel's Iron Fist - Season 1, Episode 9: "The Mistress of All Agonies"
- REVIEW: Marvel's Iron Fist - Season 1, Episode 8: "The Blessing of Many Fractures"
- REVIEW: Marvel's Iron Fist - Season 1, Episode 7: "Felling Tree With Roots"
- Webcomic Wednesdays: Star Trip
- REVIEW: Marvel's Iron Fist - Season 1, Episode 6: "Immortal Emerges From Cave"
If the last decade has been about the rise of the comic book movie, the next decade looks to be the triumph of the independent comic book, and Lumberjanes is looming over the horizon.
According to a report from The Wrap’s Jeff Sneider, 20th Century Fox is moving forward on a live-action adaptation of the collaboration between Noelle Stephenson, Grace Ellis, Brooke Allen, and Shannon Waters. The studio has tapped Will Widger, the writer behind Munchkin, to pen the on-screen adaptation of the story, which features the wacky adventures of a group of summer camp girls.
The series has been a huge hit for BOOM!, having notched multiple Eisner nominations for the creative team, and selling solidly in a very competitive independent comic book market. The announcement of a Lumberjanes film marks a milestone for BOOM!, which has been on a major streak but had yet to dip its proverbial toes into the lucrative world of filmmaking.
The Lumberjanes film will be produced by BOOM! CEO Ross Ritchie and Stephen Christy and, according to the Wrap report, the studio is already on the hunt for a female director to helm the project. The news is sure to please fans of Lumberjanes, which has drawn rave reviews for its positive and empowering portrayal of an entirely female core cast.
Will you be heading to see Lumberjanes on opening weekend? Let us know in the comments!
Source: The Wrap