- REVIEW: Marvel's Iron Fist - Season 1, Episodes 12 & 13
- "Spider-Man: Homecoming" Trailer Released, Gives Us More of Tony and the Vulture
- REVIEW: Marvel's Iron Fist - Season 1, Episodes 10 & 11
- REVIEW: Marvel's Iron Fist - Season 1, Episode 9: "The Mistress of All Agonies"
- REVIEW: Marvel's Iron Fist - Season 1, Episode 8: "The Blessing of Many Fractures"
For all the fan wailing at the adversarial relationships which exist between different publishers, it looks as though there are at least a few rays of light at the end of the proverbial tunnel.
DC Comics and BOOM! Studios announced in the Village Voice that they plan to partner up for a crossover between DC’s all-ages Gotham Academy series and BOOM’s hit Lumberjanes.
Lumberjanes has been a critical and commercial hit success for BOOM!, and Gotham Academy has been a beacon of hope for readers who want to see more all-ages content offered from mainstream publishers.
The similar demographics to which each book appeals make the pair a natural fit, and the quirky styles of the two books’ creative teams should make for a delightful combination. The fact that this is the first-ever partnership between the two publishers is a good sign for the industry. DC has enjoyed a cordial relationship with other mainstream publishers such as IDW, which recently published a crossover between Batman and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Broadening its outside relationships is a positive move for the Burbank-based member of comics’ Big Two, particularly if breakout creators working at BOOM! hope to someday try their hand at some of comics’ most iconic characters.
The six-issue miniseries will be written by Chynna Clugsten-Flores with art by Lumberjanes‘ regular series artist Rosemary Valero-O’Connell.