- REVIEW: Doctor Who, Series 10, Episode 6: Extremis
- BLACK PANTHER & THE CREW: How Its Cancellation Exemplifies Big Comics' Big Problem
- THROWBACK THURSDAY: 'Doc Savage' a Product of Its Time
- BLACK PANTHER & THE CREW: Who's to Blame? The Data Say Us.
- BOOM! Studios Announces "Mech Cadet Yu" from Pak & Miyazawa
According to a Variety exclusive, Billy Crudup is in negotiations to play the role of Henry Allen in 2018’s The Flash.
Variety’s sources state that Crudup, who previously played Dr. Manhattan in the Zack Snyder-directed adaptation of Watchmen, will play Barry Allen’s father. According to the comics, courts falsely convicted Henry Allen for the murder of his wife. This sparked Barry to become a forensic scientist, so that someday he could find the real killer.
Crudup would play alongside Kiersey Clemons as Iris West and Ezra Miller as Barry Allen. The film, directed by Rick Famuwiya (Dope), has, however, released next to no plot details. Seth Graham-Smithe wrote the screenplay, and the film opens on March 16, 2018.
Considering that a fair amount of people tune in to watch The Flash TV show every week, I’m curious to see where this adaptation will diverge. Crudup does good work as an actor, but we have no idea what Famuwiya and Grahame-Smith may have in store.